Ducal Park Parma
An immense garden surrounding the Palazzo Ducale.
The park was built in 1561 for the wishes of the Farnese family, who commissioned the project of the architect Jacopo Barozzi, known as il Vignola.
In the following years a beautiful artificial lake was built inside, but it was only with the arrival of Maria Luigia that this park took on the appearance of an English garden.
With the unification of Italy the park was finally opened to the public: the walls were demolished and other entrances were added on each side.
Today, after a complete restoration in eighteenth-century style, within the garden are available various equipment including a children’s area, various sports routes distributed throughout the surface, a park for dogs and a bar with outdoor tables and benches .